Texas Humane Network is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to manage the operations of the
organization with duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Texas Humane Network, fundraising and expansion, and execution of its mission. Primarily, the ED will focus time on the programs of the Texas Humane Network as well as raise the profile of the Texas Humane Network among the humane community.
- Develop and run its programs
- Develop and support a strong Board of Directors, and build board involvement with strategic direction for both organizational operations
- Strategic planning and visionary leadership
- Major donor solicitation and cultivation
- Increase the Texas Humane Network brand and public profile in local and state media
- Work with Texas Humane Network Board President and board members to develop and implement yearly goals and strategies
- Support Board President with meeting agendas and follow-ups on all action items assigned
- Provide Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors to include information on c3 programs, budget, and goals for Texas Humane Network
- Prepare a budget for the Board of Director’s approval to make the best use of financial resources; ensure adherence to budget guidelines
- Ensure Texas Humane Network’s c3 programs are up and running, including the humane curriculum, Junior Advocates, animal cruelty training, animal cruelty handbook, helpline, and answering emails regarding Texas animal laws
- Serve as fundraiser chair for the organization while playing a solid support role in ensuring goals and funding needs are met through state initiatives, special events, and email campaigns
- Pursue other potential sources of donations, including sponsorships, naming
opportunities, and promotions
- Quarterly review of accounting details to ensure accurate accounting and reporting
- Attend local events, as well as networking opportunities to promote Texas Humane
Network (these events will be identified and evaluated for strategic benefit)
Part-Time Grant Writer
The Texas Humane Network is looking for an independent, contractual and/or part-time
grant writer to help fund its programs. Specifically, the grant writer is responsible for
identifying prospective grant opportunities and writing polished proposals to earn grant
money to fund our mission – to promote the humane treatment of animals through
education and training.
Deadline: February 10, 2023
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the Texas Humane Network.
- Research grant opportunities from foundations, trust departments in banks, and other means of funding.
- Write successful grant proposals to obtain funding from private foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies.
- Draft and submit grant proposals, letters of interest, applications, and supporting
documents based on the funder’s requirements.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain calendar, records, documentation, and schedule related to grant opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in areas such as communications,
journalism, or creative writing. Plus, if the background is in fundraising, lobbying,
- Minimum one year experience in grant writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and information resources.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Must have a home workspace that is confidential and secure.
- Must maintain standards of confidentiality.