We Need Your Help at the Sterling City Animal Shelter
Springtime is here, which brings flowers and fresh green shoots, flowing waters and return of migratory birds.
It also brings what we’ve all come to know as puppy season.
In many parts of Texas, unfortunately, dumping pregnant mamas at the shelter to have their babies is overwhelming our resources.
Can you help?
Presently, the small, underfunded, and overwhelmed shelter in Sterling City, Texas, has thirty-one mamas and puppies in its care. We are in drastic need of volunteers, donations, or other support on an annual budget of $3,000 (think: $8.22 a day to feed and care for 31 dogs).
From wherever you are in the local community, we would be forever grateful if you could:
- Volunteer a shift to come walk the dogs (we are having to double-up, with only SIX kennels available)
- Even better, Can you foster a family of dogs in your home? These new mamas have puppies in need of care.
- Do you have a smartphone and love to photograph animals? We could use photographs to post on Facebook!
- Are you someone with technological talent? We need help to build our website, so that people can find the dogs.
- Have a couple of hours one afternoon, evening, or morning? We need your help cleaning cages, to help provide a sanitary environment for these animals.
Sterling City Animal Shelter is a small community shelter. We desperately need the help of volunteers and the generosity of donors to support the companion animals in our community. Stepping up and sharing your time and resources speaks volumes in generating compassion, and connective energy, building relationships, and helping attract people to our community.
Won’t you help us? The lives of our dogs and cats depend upon you!
Richard Seals, Shelter Manager
Sterling City Animal Shelter
Sterling City, Texas